Autism Support Organizations Plymouth
Parenting Advice - National Autistic Society
National Autistic SocietySupernanny Expert
The National Autistic Society, begun by a group of parents in 1962, is now the UK’s leading autism charity and national service provider for people with autistic spectrum disorders, their parents and carers, with an annual income of £70 million. We are a membership-based organisation, which is funded independently, through charitable donations and the supply of services.
More than 100,000 people are supported annually by our free information, advice and support services.
Today the NAS has:
- 68 nationwide branches, providing local, on-the-ground support, with more branches opening across the UK
- 16,000 members, an increasing number who together set our agenda and direction
- 1,766 full-time and 370 part-time staff
- More than 1000 committed volunteers
- 6 dedicated NAS schools, providing 410 places
- 17 clusters of specialist adult services, providing care and support for 256 adults.
For more information or help with any issues related to Autistic Spectrum Disorders please contact our Autism Helpline: 0845 070 4004
The helpline provides impartial, confidential information, advice and support to people with autistic spectrum disorders (ASDs), their families and professionals. The Helpline is open Monday to Friday, 10am - 4pm, and is staffed by advisers qualified to talk about the range of ASDs and related issues in depth. It takes 36,000 enquiries each year. Interpreters are available (through Language Line) for callers whose first language is not English.
- © Ricochet Limited 2009
- terms & conditions
- advertise with us contact us -->
- digital agency
- article index